"We cannot change the outcome, but we can affect the journey."
AIM: Advanced Illness Management is a palliative medicine consultative service that provides an extra layer of support for anyone living with a serious illness. Palliative medicine is a medical specialty that:
- optimizes quality of life,
- prevents frequent hospitalizations, and
- empowers patients and families in managing complex illnesses.
AIM is a collaboration between Caldwell UNC Health Care and Caldwell Hospice and Palliative Care. In Ashe, Avery, and Watauga Counties, AIM is a clinical collaboration between Appalachian Regional Healthcare System and Caldwell Hospice Serving the High Country.
- Serious illness, regardless of prognosis
- Seeking curative, palliative, or aggressive treatment
- Personal physician willing to work with our AIM team
- Resident in our service area
- Hospitals, long-term-care facility, or private residence
Our Team of Experts
- Physician, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant
- Registered nurse
- Medical social worker, as needed
- Chaplain, as needed
Customized Care Plan
Our team of experts designs a customized care plan to meet the specific needs of people living with a serious illness for serious care management.
Does living with a serious illness affect your daily life? We can help.
How Cost is Covered
Cost for palliative medicine is covered by:
- Veteran Benefits
- Private Insurance
- Private Pay
Services provided regardless of ability to pay