Advance Care Planning
"Be brave enough to start a conversation that matters."
Caldwell Hospice supports you in living by helping you plan for the unexpected.
Advance care planning is a process that a staff member can walk you through and document to help your loved ones know how to speak for you if you are ever unable to make your own medical decisions. These plans are important should you undergo surgery, be diagnosed with a serious illness, or are in an unexpected accident. We highly recommend this for anyone over the age of 18.
Caldwell Hospice supports planning for the unexpected now so that you can get on with the Life You Deserve.
Advance Care Planning It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3!
- Decide who you trust to speak for you if you cannot make your own medical decisions.
- Discuss your wishes with your loved ones and health care providers.
- Document your wishes in the form of advance directives or portable medical orders.
Advance Care Planning Workshops are held the second and fourth Thursdays of each month at no cost for anyone. Participants will learn about the importance of the advance care planning process; gain an understanding of the Health Care Power of Attorney, Living Will, and MOST Form; and complete these documents, if desired.
We invite you to attend a FREE workshop. Register online on this page or call 828-758-2883.
What to Bring:
Please bring a current government-issued picture ID, such as a driver’s license, or passport.
Please arrive 10-15 minutes early so you can sign in.
Advance Care Planning Workshops
Advance Care Planning Workshops are held the second and fourth Thursdays of each month at no cost for anyone in the community. Participants will:
- learn about the importance of advance care planning,
- gain an understanding of the Living Will, Health Care Power of Attorney, and MOST Form,
- complete these documents, if desired.